You have a beautiful pottery barn bean bag chair and now it’s become flat. You are looking for a way to fill it again and bring it to its original shape. But you don’t have any idea how to unzip your pottery barn bean bag and are stuck at the very beginning.
To solve your issue, we bring you this guide that will take you through the complete process of opening your barn bean bag. At the end of this piece of writing, you will be able to unzip and fill your barn bean bag chair.
- The Best Way to Open a Pottery Barn Bean Bag
- Easy Method to Unlock Pottery Barn Bean Bag Zipper
- Step 1. Search for Paper Clip
- Step 2. Form a Pull Tab
- Step 3. Look for Zipper Head
- Step 4. Put in the Paper Clip
- Step 5. Open the Pottery Barn Bean Bag
- Tips to Unzip a Pottery Barn Bean Bag Zipper Lock
- How to Fill a Pottery Barn Bean Bag? Easy Way
- Tools and Materials Required:
- Steps to Follow:
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
The Best Way to Open a Pottery Barn Bean Bag
There can be multiple reasons for opening the Pottery Barn bean bag. For example, you may have to clean its dirty cover. Or you might have to refill it. A great number of other reasons exist for this job.
Usually, a key or handle is given to open the bean bag cover. Furthermore, instructions to open the pottery barn bean bag are mentioned on the label. You can easily find the label on a side of the bean bag.
If your Pottery Barn bean bag zipper key is lost or you don’t get a handle and can’t find the label, simply follow the process discussed ahead.
Easy Method to Unlock Pottery Barn Bean Bag Zipper
If your pottery barn bean bag zipper key is lost, here’s an easy way to unzip the bean bag in no time:
Step 1. Search for Paper Clip
First of all, find a paper clip or any other similar tool.
Step 2. Form a Pull Tab
Next up, make a pull tab from the paper clip.
Step 3. Look for Zipper Head
Then, find the zipper head of the Pottery Barn bean bag.
Step 4. Put in the Paper Clip
Insert the paper clip into the hole of the zipper.
Step 5. Open the Pottery Barn Bean Bag
Move and unzip the children’s safety zipper in a direction by holding the paper clip.
And there you have it, you have successfully unzipped the bean bag cover to open the pottery barn bean bag. This process is not only limited to pottery barn bean bags, you can use this method to unzip any bean bag with ease.
In addition to that, you can also use this method to remove the pottery barn bean bag insert. For those who don’t know what a bean bag liner or insert is, It is a piece of cloth used to cover a bean bag and protect it from dirt or dust.
Tips to Unzip a Pottery Barn Bean Bag Zipper Lock
Homeowners in general face severe confusion about opening a bean bag zipper. This is called a children-safety zipper lock for a bean bag.
It is for child protection from inhaling bean bag fillings or getting stuck inside it. So, be careful when opening it as it is of great importance and it might break if you apply a lot of force to open it.
You can easily open this child lock zipper on the pottery barn bean bag cover with the help of an unraveled paper clip or a tension bar. If not, you may apply some lubricant to the zipper lock to move it.
Make sure you have inserted the paper clip in the right direction and are moving the bean bag chair zipper in the right direction or else you will make it hard for yourself to open the pottery barn beanbag chair.
How to Fill a Pottery Barn Bean Bag? Easy Way
Want to know how you can easily refill a bean bag chair without the mess? Just a few household supplies and you’re all set.
Tools and Materials Required:
- Paperclip to unzip if needed
- 2 plastic cups
- Baby powder
- Duct tape
- Refill beans bag
Steps to Follow:
- Begin by cutting out the bottoms of the plastic cups.
- Then open the bean bag and remove the static from the bean bag filling by adding some baby powder in it.
- Cut the corner of the bean bag refill bag just enough to fit a cup inside. Reduce the static between the beans by adding some baby powder to the beans refill bag.
- Post that, place a plastic cup inside the bean bag chair with the open bottom side facing down and approximately 1.5″ into the bean bag. By wrapping duct tape over the cup’s base, you may attach the cup to the bean bag.
- Next, insert a cup into the refill bean bag, with the open side facing down into the refill bean bag about 1.5” inside it. You may secure the plastic cup to the refill bag with the help of duct tape.
- The next step is simpler and requires no more than two individuals, although one person can do it if necessary. Place the cups into one another with care. Pour the beans from the refill bag into the bean bag chair gradually. Be careful not to fill the cups to the brim and create a mess that you want to avoid. If the flow of beans seems slow and sticky, you may need to add extra baby powder. More baby powder makes the beans less sticky and decreases static.
- You can take out the cups and close the bean bag chairs after they reach the desired level of fullness. You will have fully filled pottery bean bag chair and get back to its original shape.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Unzip a Zipper on A Bean Bag?
You can unzip a zipper on a bean bag with the help of a paper clip or tension bar. Simply put it in the hole of the head of child lock zipper and move it to open the bean bag.
How Do You Open a Locked Bean Bag?
You can open a locked bean bag by opening the child-lock zipper attached to the bean bag cover.
How Do You Refill Pottery Barn Bean Bags?
You can refill pottery barn bean bags by opening the bean bag cover, removing it, getting rid of the old bean bag fillings, and adding fresh fillings in the bean bag till it is filled.
How Do You Get Bean Bag Beans out Of Bag?
You can get bean bag beans out of the bag by removing its bean bag cover and emptying it.
Does Bean Bag Filler Expand?
Yes, many bean bag fillers expand after some time of opening the new bean bag chair.
So, that was all about unzipping a pottery barn bean bag chair. The process to open a pottery barn bean bag is super easy and can be done within seconds. Simply follow the steps mentioned in this guide and you will be good to go.
If you are still confused or stuck at some point, you can reach out to customer care of the pottery barn and you will get your answers.