Do you have a Yogibo bean bag and it has got dirty due to excessive usage? Well, it needs to be cleaned or else it will be ruined including its overall appearance. And if you do not know how to clean your Yogibo bean bag, this guide can help. We will give you an in-depth cleaning process along with tips and tricks that will help in extending the life of your Yogibo bean bag chair.
- Required Tools
- Methods to Clean a Yogibo Bean Bag
- Method 1. Spot Cleaning Method
- Method 2. Vacuuming
- Method 3. Machine Washing Method
- Dealing with Odors
- Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning a Yogibo Bean Bag
- Cat or Dog Peed on Yogibo Bean Bag – How to Clean It?
- Maintenance Tips
- Safety Tips
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- Easy Way to Clean a Yogibo Bean Bag
- Handheld vacuum with a brush attachment
- Baking soda
- Mild detergent
- Cardboard for a funnel
- Fabric cleaner
- White vinegar
- Soft bristle brush
Methods to Clean a Yogibo Bean Bag
There are multiple methods to clean your Yogibo bean bag. This makes it very easy for you to maintain it. It is one of the many reasons for its expensive price tag. Here are some of the best methods to clean a Yogibo bean bag no matter how big or small in size it is.
Method 1. Spot Cleaning Method
If you notice any stains or spills on the bean bag, use a mild detergent or cleaner mixed with warm water. Test the solution on a small area of the fabric to check if it affects the fabric or not.
Then, dampen a soft lint-free cloth or sponge with the cleaning solution and gently blot the stained area. Avoid scrubbing vigorously to prevent damage to the fabric.
Method 2. Vacuuming
Use a soft bristle brush to brush off any visible dirt or debris from the bean bag’s surface. Begin by handheld vacuuming your bean bag with a brush attachment.
This helps remove loose dirt, crumbs, and debris from the surface, corners, and edges. Be thorough in your approach to ensure all areas of the bean bag are cleaned.
Method 3. Machine Washing Method
These bean bags feature two covers, a Yogibo inner cover, and an outer shell. First of all, you wash the outer cover. For that, zip it off the bean bag.
Then zip up the cover again and wash it in a washing machine with mild detergent and cold water.
Then, dry the cover at a low temperature in the dryer.
Next, you need to launder the inner liner. Rinse down the inner liner in the shower with fresh water or outside (if the weather permits you to do so) as per your choice.
After washing it, you need to air dry it. It is a very important step. When drying, shake and rotate the liner. Using a small box fan to speed up the drying process is best. The drying process is still somewhat lengthy.
At least a few days are required to completely dry out the inner liner. When drying the liner, take care to protect it from any sharp things. Liquid such as water can occasionally enter the inner liner. Remove the cover if that occurs and allow the inner liner to air dry.
Blow air on it with a fan to speed up the procedure. Despite the fact that the Yogibo filling beads are non-porous, agitating the bag frequently will aerate the filling beads and guarantee even drying.
Once the covers are dried up, you need to put them back on the Yogibo. To do so, turn the cover inside out and then put it on the inner liner while matching the corners.
It will make it easy to put the cover on the bean bag. Stretch the cover and stuff the liner into the cover to fit. As you continue to stuff, begin to zip up the cover little by little at a time.
If you also want to clean the beads, you can clean them. But before washing them, take a few beads, test them by pouring them in water, and squish them to see whether they hold water or not. Though the brand says the beads are impermeable. If your beans hold water, do not wash them. You can use a soft bristle brush to brush off dirt and debris from them.
Dealing with Odors
Baking soda absorbs unpleasant smells very effectively. To eliminate any odors from your Yogibo bean bag, sprinkle baking soda over the surface and let it sit for a few hours.
Then, vacuum up the baking soda using a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment. This will leave your bean bag smelling fresh and clean. You may also spray a fabric softener over the bean bag.
Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning a Yogibo Bean Bag
Delicate material is used to make the outer cover of the Yogibo bean bag.
|Fold and put the cover into a washing net to prevent any damage||Never wash using a bleach product|
|Always wash in cold water||Never iron|
|Always wash alone to prevent the transfer of color||Never use a gas-powered dryer|
|Handwashing is possible|
|When using a dryer, ensure it is set to low temperature. (60℃)|
Cat or Dog Peed on Yogibo Bean Bag – How to Clean It?
If the bead filling of your Yogibo Max bean bag or other variant is soaked in dog or cat pee or other smelly liquids, the best thing to do is to replace them. To replace the beads, go to an open and safe place.
Unzip the bean bag, remove the outer cover and inner liner, and put the beads in a big plastic bag or garbage bag to avoid mess. Then, use cardboard to make a funnel and pour new beads into the inner liner. Once filled, fluff it.
If you don’t want to replace beads, you can wash them as the filling is impermeable as per the company. As told earlier, test the filling and then wash it.
If the beans in your Yogibo bean bag hold water, it is best to avoid washing them and replace the filler. And if not, follow the given steps to wash them.
- First, unzip and remove the outer cover from the bean bag’s inner liner and wash on sanitize cycle setting.
- Once laundered, air-dry the cover.
- Spray one-third of the bottle of Nature’s Miracle pet odor remover all over the inner liner and let soak for 20 minutes.
- Put the inner liner with the beads in a bathtub and fill it with hot water. While the water is running, smush the beans about to ensure that they are all thoroughly washed.
- Pour a 1:1 solution of water and white vinegar over the liner and continue tossing it around.
- To properly wash all the beans and the sides of the inner liner, make sure to rotate it and drain the tub.
- Allow the liner to sit for 15 minutes after draining any extra water from the tub.
- To make it easier to drag around, take the inner liner out of the tub and lay it on a bed sheet.
- Place the inner liner somewhere with good airflow and a box fan pointing at it.
- For some days, rotate the inner liner and smush the beans around every few hours.
- After that, smoosh the filling more vigorously and place a fan next to it for about a day.
- Once dried, put the outer cover back on the inner liner, fluff it to make it ergonomically supportive, and then you can use the bean bag again. Sit in the Yogibo to test it out. If you feel they need some filling, you may pour some Yogibo refill beads in them.
If any bad smell is still there, sprinkle baking soda over the bean bag and let it sit for a few hours. Then use a vacuum cleaner to remove the remaining baking soda from the bean bag. These same methods are applicable to Big Joe bean bags as well. Thus, they are also easy to clean.
Regular cleaning of your Yogibo bean bag has several benefits. It helps remove dirt, dust, and allergens that may accumulate over time.
Cleaning also prevents the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew, which can be harmful to your health. Additionally, cleaning maintains the look of your bean bag, making it look fresh and new.
To keep your Yogibo bean bag in top condition, consider the following maintenance tips:
- Regularly vacuum the bean bag to remove dirt and debris.
- Avoid placing the bean bag in direct sunlight for a long time, as this can cause fading or damage to the fabric.
- Keep sharp objects away from the bean bag to prevent punctures.
- Periodically rotate and flip the bean bag to prevent excessive wear on specific areas.
While cleaning your Yogibo bean bag, it’s important to prioritize safety. That is why, you should follow these safety considerations:
- Ensure the bean bag is dry before using it again to prevent the growth of mold or mildew.
- Use caution when applying cleaning solutions to avoid saturating the fabric excessively.
- Also, don’t use bleaching products.
You Might be Interested in Reading: How to Clean a Snorlax Bean Bag Chair? – A Guide
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Clean Urine Out of a Yogibo?
To clean urine out of a Yogibo, remove the cover, wash it in a washing machine, dry it, and then put it back in the bean bag.
How Do You Clean the Inside of a Bean Bag?
To clean the inside of the bean bag, remove the covers, empty the bean bag, and then wash it. But if it has a filling like memory foam, try not to clean it as water will ruin the filler.
How Often Do You Refill Yogibo?
To refill Yogibo, unzip the bean bag, use a funnel to pour the filling into the bean bag, fluff it, and zip it up back.
How Do You Clean Bean Bags without Removing Beans?
The spot-cleaning method is the best way to clean bean bags without removing beans.
Easy Way to Clean a Yogibo Bean Bag
Regular cleaning is essential to maintain the cleanliness, comfort, and longevity of your Yogibo bean bag. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can effectively clean your bean bag, remove stains and odors, and keep it looking fresh and inviting.
Remember to check the manufacturer’s instructions and adhere to safety guidelines during the cleaning process. With proper care and maintenance, your Yogibo bean bag will continue to provide you with a cozy and enjoyable seating experience for years to come.