Fatboy bean bags are very comfy and enjoyable places for kids and adults. But with the passage of time and usage, they can accumulate dirt, stains, and spills. The problem is that homeowners commonly don’t know how to clean their Fatboy bean bags. This step-by-step guide will give you all the details that you require to do this process in a safe and quick way. Let’s get going.
Before you begin the cleaning process, it’s important to prepare the area and gather the necessary tools and materials. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mild detergent or fabric cleaner
- Warm water
- White vinegar (for fabric bean bags)
- Leather cleaner and conditioner (for leather bean bags)
- Clean towels or microfiber cloths
- Bucket or basin
- Vacuum cleaner
Fatboy Bean Bag Cleaning Instructions
Fatboy bean bags can either be spot treated or washed in a washing machine depending on the type of bean bag you have. Before starting the cleaning process, make sure to check the Fatboy design or the type of bean bag you have.
Spot Cleaning Method
Here are the steps for spot-cleaning Fatboy bean bag:
- First, remove any removable covers or accessories from the bean bag, if applicable, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning them separately.
- Next, use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner to remove loose dirt, dust, and debris from the bean bag’s surface.
- Then, in a bucket or basin, mix warm water with a small amount of mild detergent or a fabric cleaner. Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach as they can damage the fabric. Also, test the solution at a small portion of the bean bag to ensure it is safe for the Fatboy chair.
- If it’s safe, dip a clean cloth into the soapy water. Using this damp cloth, gently scrub the fabric in circular motions. Pay extra attention to areas with visible stains or spills.
- For stubborn stains, you can create a mixture of equal parts warm water and white vinegar. Dab a clean cloth into the mixture and gently blot the stained area.
- Rinse the fabric thoroughly with clean water to remove any soapy residue.
- Use clean towels or microfiber cloths to blot excess moisture from the bean bag. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing vigorously, as it can damage the fabric or cause it to lose its shape.
- Finally, allow the bean bag to air dry completely before using it again. Avoid direct sunlight or heat sources, as they can fade or warp the fabric.
Washing Machine Method
If your bean bag has a removable cover like the Fatboy Stonewashed and Fatboy Outdoor chair, it can be machine washed at 30 degrees.
- Spot clean the bean bag as told earlier.
- Unzip the bean bag and remove its cover.
- If it does not have a pull tab zipper, you can use a safety pin or paper clip to open it.
- Close the zipper and toss it into the washing machine. Apply a gentle cycle and use a mild detergent without bleach.
- Once washed, air dry the cover. After drying it, if you wish, you may iron the cover if it’s safe for it.
- Put the cover back on the bean bag and fluff it before using the bean bag.
Removing Bad Odors
If the bean bag has a persistent odor, you can use baking soda as it helps to absorb and neutralize odors. Sprinkle baking soda over the surface and let it sit for a few hours before vacuuming it off.
You can also use a mixture of white vinegar and water and spray it on the bean bag to deal with the bad smell. But before doing so, test it on a small part of the bean bag to ensure it’s safe to do so.
Tips for Maintaining Your Fatboy Bean Bag
- Regularly vacuum the bean bag to remove dirt, dust, and debris that may accumulate over time.
- Encourage your friends and family to remove their shoes before sitting on the bean bag to minimize dirt and stains.
- Put a protective cover specifically designed for your bean bag to create a barrier against spills and stains.
- Fluff the bean bag periodically to make it supportive.
- Fill the bean bag if you think it should be fed from time to time.
The frequency of cleaning your Fatboy bean bag depends on its usage and the level of dirt or stains it accumulates. As a general guideline, it’s recommended that you should clean the bean bag at least once every 6 to 12 months.
However, if there are spills, stains, or visible dirt, it’s best to clean them as soon as possible to prevent them from setting and becoming more difficult to remove.
Regular cleaning of your Fatboy bean bag is essential to keep it looking fresh and extend its lifespan. Collected dirt, dust, and stains can not only affect the appearance of the bean bag but also grow bacteria, allergens, and unpleasant odors.
By incorporating regular cleaning into your maintenance routine, you can enjoy a clean and hygienic bean bag for years to come.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations when cleaning your Fatboy bean bag.
- Test any cleaning solutions or products on a small, inconspicuous area of the bean bag first to ensure they don’t cause any damage or discoloration.
- Use gloves or protective clothing when handling cleaning solutions or chemicals to avoid skin irritation or allergic reactions.
- Work in a well-ventilated area to minimize exposure to strong odors or fumes.
- Keep cleaning solutions and tools out of reach of children and pets to prevent accidental ingestion or injury.
- If the bean bag filling has compressed or lost its shape, consider adding additional filling to restore its comfort. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or contact customer support for guidance.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Can Bean Bag Beans be Washed?
No, bean bag beans cannot be washed. Only the bean bag cover can be washed.
How Do You Clean a Bean Bag?
To clean a bean bag, use the spot-cleaning method. It is a very easy method to remove stains and spills from the bean bag.
How Do You Wash a Fatboy Cover?
Toss the Fatboy cover in the washing machine. Use a mild detergent without bleach and apply a gentle cycle. Once washed, dry the cover. When dried, put the cover back on the bean bag.
Easy Way to Clean Your Fatboy Bean Bag!
So, that is how you can clean your Fatboy bean bag. Regular cleaning and maintenance are vital to keeping your favorite seating option looking its best and ensuring its longevity. By following the outlined cleaning instructions, you can effectively remove dirt, stains, and odors, restoring your bean bag to its original freshness and comfort. Remember to prioritize safety precautions and consult the manufacturer for any specific recommendations.