Are you in need of a dynamic bean bag that oozes comfort? Why not assemble a vibrant bean bag from the ever-versatile duvet cover? How to make a bean bag from a duvet cover? How much foam to fill the bean bag?
Like a pillowcase, it’s a soft flat bag that slips onto beddings and can be utilized to construct a beanbag. We will discuss two specific alternative methods that you can try which we will discuss below so let’s start.
How to Make a Bean Bag Chair from a Duvet Cover?
The first step is to select the ideal duvet cover which includes taking a square or desired shaped duvet. Next, open one side of the lining and sew an attachable zipper.
Next, you fill in the duvet with bean bag filling and close the zipper. We do suggest covering the duvet with an outer layer for protection.
- How to Make a Bean Bag Chair from a Duvet Cover?
- Versatile Shaped Bean Bags with Duvet Covers
- Best Way to Make a Bean Bag from a Duvet Cover
- Step 1. Make an Outer Layer
- Step 2. Make a Square Prototype
- Adding the Right Filling to Your Bean Bag
- Why You Should Use an Inner Bag?
- How Do You Assemble a Bean Bag Cover?
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- Make Your Bean Bag Cover Right Now!
Versatile Shaped Bean Bags with Duvet Covers
Most duvet covers come in a specific shape that becomes boring when looking for a new décor in-house. That’s why we have decided to teach you methods to produce some interesting shapes for example DIY bean bag cover no-sew:
- To start this intriguing project, simply turn your shell inside out and lay it out on a plain surface
- With a pencil draw the shape you desire but make sure to leave two feet of distance on the sidelines. Likewise, if you like your bean bag to be bigger, vacate extra space on the baselines.
- Following the pattern, you have made, proceed by sewing the lines but be advised to do double lines for extra protection.
- Pivot the duvet cover so the inner lining is on the outside and get a replacement zipper prepared as it’s an important aspect of the project.
- Attach a new or old zipper and make sure to include a Ziplock for extra safety.
- The next step is to pour in the selected bean bag filler or, if you desire, fill the inside with a liner bag.
- Close the zipper of the bag and enjoy your new and improved duvet bean bag.
Best Way to Make a Bean Bag from a Duvet Cover
There are many methods to make a DIY bean bag chair at home. This time, we will teach you the method which uses a Duvet cover. Here is the ideal way to make a bean bag from a Duvet cover at home without seeking help from professionals:
Step 1. Make an Outer Layer
The first step is to find or make an outer layer for your creation. Suppose you have a single cover with three plain sides and one with a colorful pattern. You start by restructuring three sides of the duvet by opening the seams such that you would be left with two pieces of the same fabric.
Step 2. Make a Square Prototype
Next using a single piece of cloth, you will make a square prototype of the said duvet cover. Fold the cloth in half lengthwise with the right sides in place. Once your square is in place, pin the sides together and sew three sides of the cloth together. Now you are on your way but not yet done.
Adding the Right Filling to Your Bean Bag
We all get confused with the variety of fillers available but be warned it’s an essential step to perform correctly. You can incorporate EPS beans, EPP beans, rice, and many more for your project.
To pour your beans into the cover, we recommend making a funnel from old cardboard or even a bag with a hole on one end.
Fill the cover with the filling till two-thirds of it is full before sewing it shut. You can also place a cover on top of the duvet with the zipper for extra protection.
Why You Should Use an Inner Bag?
The added protection is never a bad option especially when one wants it to be durable in the long run. A reliable methodology that has observed results is using an inner bag.
This helps to make sure that the versatile duvet cover remains unharmed even with constant use. Simply fill an inner bag with bean bag filling before enclosing it inside the inner duvet cover.
Confused about how to get an inner bag? No worries as you can simply use cotton or lining fabric that’s left over or second-hand. The added layer from the lining will make your duvet bean bag more comfortable, easy to hold, and most importantly strong. So why not give it a try?
How Do You Assemble a Bean Bag Cover?
It’s super easy to create a bean bag cover as you simply have to select your material.
- Pick a cloth of the chosen material.
- Now cut your cloth to the shape that you want eg a full circle pattern.
- Next Iron and arrange your material and stitch three sides of the cloth to make a pocket.
- All you have to do now is fill it with a bean bag filling.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do Duvet Covers Suit Bean Bags?
Anyone can suppose materials to make bean bags. But we cannot use all of them. Before selecting the material, you should ensure that it can fulfill your requirement.
Duvet covers are versatile, easy to use, and make for great recycling material. Moreover, bean bags are ideal for those looking for an extra bit of comfort.
What Is the Best Thing to Fill Bean Bags With?
There are many options available for filling bean bags but there is no doubt that EPS is the ideal option. Why? It’s simple, lightweight, sturdy, and affordable. Moreover, a bean bag is measured by its ability to retain shape, and that’s what EPS offers.
The EPS is mostly composed of air and entertains heat resistance to the max. Another ideal choice is Expanded polypropylene foam as it has superior compression as compared to EPS beans.
How Do You Make a Comfortable Bean Bag?
Bean bags are an amazing product that can be made at home. To create the ultimate bean bag at home, take your existing bean bag, open one side of the stitches and place it face up.
Shake the filling inside of the bag to recompose its structure and regain its former fluffy interior. For testing purposes, sit on it and set its fluffiness to your desire.
Make Your Bean Bag Cover Right Now!
Bean bags contain the potential to become your favorite cuddle buddy in the comfort of your home. But why buy one when you can make it at home? If yes, how to create a bean bag cover?
We have answered these questions in detail in these colorful articles and we hope you are able to incorporate the techniques. Lastly remember, the duvet bean bags can be used for decoration purposes as well.