Do you have a Snorlax bean bag that has become so dirty that it cannot be used for sitting or laying down anymore? Well, if that is the case, it looks like you need to clean it up. If you do not know how to clean your Snorlax bean bag, this guide is for you. Read on to find out the solutions to this problem and make your favorite piece of furniture look and smell good as new.
- Tools Required
- How to Clean a Snorlax Bean Bag? – Step-by-Step Guide
- Method 1. Use a Bristle Brush to Spot Clean
- Method 2. Vacuum the Snorlax Bean Bag
- Method 3. Use a Lint Roller
- Method 4. Steam Clean the Snorlax Bean Bag
- Method 5. Hand Wash the Snorlax Bean Bag
- How to Clean Fresh Pet or Toddlers Pee from Snorlax Bean Bag?
- Method 1.
- Method 2.
- How to Remove Old or Dried Pee Stains from Snorlax Bean Bag?
- How to Get Pee Smell Out of Snorlax Bean Bag Chair?
- Tips to Clean, Maintain, and Store Your Snorlax Bean Bag
- Reasons to Clean Your Snorlax Bean Bag
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- Easy Way to Clean Your Snorlax Bean Bag!
- Bristle Brush
- Lint Roller
- Paper Towel
- Baking Soda
- Dish Soap
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Spray Bottle
- Mild Detergent
How to Clean a Snorlax Bean Bag? – Step-by-Step Guide
Here are some of the methods to clean your Snorlax bean bag without removing its filling:
Method 1. Use a Bristle Brush to Spot Clean
Light-colored textiles are used to manufacture the Snorlax bean bag. As a result, it will be obvious if mud or other food waste manages to stick to the cover.
It’s crucial to take care of any little spills or stains as soon as you notice them on your Snorlax bean bag. Use a bristle brush to carefully remove small stains or unpleasant items stuck to the cover.
Then, using a clean cloth or piece of paper towel, gently dab the affected area to remove any extra liquid substance. Don’t rub as this may spread the stain a lot.
Then use a soft cloth or a sponge to apply a mixture of mild detergent and water to the stain. Do not oversaturate the material. After gently blotting the stain until it vanishes, allow the area to air dry.
It’s fine to use a drop of dish soap, such as Dawn, as a spot treatment for stains on polyester fabric as long as you wash the soapy residue away with fresh water afterward.
Method 2. Vacuum the Snorlax Bean Bag
The Snorlax bean bag is prepared with 100% polyester. So, if it is covered with dust, you can easily remove them from the vacuum cleaner. Ensure cleaning them regularly otherwise the accumulated dust on the edges will make your bean bag look very bad.
Carefully vacuum all the parts of the bean bag including nails, ears, hands, legs, and the rest of the body as dust, debris, and dirt can be accumulated in these places. For ideal results and perfect cleaning, you can use a hose attachment with a vacuum or a dust buster vacuum.
You can also use other attachments that come with a vacuum to clean the tiny spots or tight edges. If you are unable to do so, take help from a brush with soft bristles.
Method 3. Use a Lint Roller
If you have pet friends, you may well be aware of the damage they cause to your Snorlax bean bag. They typically shed a huge number of hairs per day. These lightweight hairs stick to several surfaces, including your Snorlax bean bag.
In addition, pets like spending hours in a cozy spot like a bean bag. Which is why they might lay on your Snorlax bean bag.
Additionally, the fabric of the bean bag will become covered in your hair, dandruff, and dead skin cells.
To deal with and clean up all of these dirty things, you can vacuum the bean bag at low speed. But those minute particles cannot be removed even with frequent vacuum cleaning. So, you can use a lint roller for this purpose.
Roll a lint roller over your Snorlax bean bag cover and you will be able to clean up everything from it. Gently use the lint roller at a slow speed and properly clean all the sides, edges, and corners of the bean bag.
Method 4. Steam Clean the Snorlax Bean Bag
It is possible to steam-clean polyester fabric. In other words, as long as you follow the proper procedures, you can steam clean the Snorlax bean bag.
Bacteria, viruses, and other germs can all be killed and removed with this procedure. But steam cleaning is not a good way to get rid of debris and dirt particles that are apparent.
But for many homeowners, steam cleaning a Snorlax bean bag might still be difficult. It implies that they are using the incorrect equipment, temperature, and procedure.
To help you out, here are the steps that you need to follow to steam clean the Snorlax bean bag:
Begin by vacuuming your bean bag.
Then, you need to remove the filling from the bean bag. For this step, you should go somewhere outside, open, and to a safe place because it can be messy.
Take a big plastic bag or garbage bag and pour all the filling in it. Shake the bean bag to ensure all the filling from the edges and corners is removed from there. You can take help from a friend to do so.
If you don’t want to get into this hectic job, you can also steam clean it with its cover on it.
If you have removed the cover, steam clean both sides of the bean bag. If you have not removed the cover, steam the bean bag while keeping a distance of 3 to 4 inches between the steamer and the bean bag.
Then, you need to allow the bean bag to air dry. The water content may occasionally stay in your space and bean bag. To deal with this situation, open the window to let the bean bag air dry. To speed up this drying process, switch on a fan.
The bean bag will provide the perfect setting for mold growth if a lot of moisture content is present on it. That is why I advise following a regular steam cleaning schedule once a month or every two months.
Method 5. Hand Wash the Snorlax Bean Bag
The manufacturer of Snorlax did permit hand washing for the Snorlax bean bag cover. However, they do not allow using the washing machine to thoroughly clean the bean bag. Follow the steps given ahead to wash the bean bag cover by hand.
First of all, fill up a sizable basket with water.
Add mild detergent to the water and mix the solution well. Any detergent that contains bleach should not be used. The color of your bean bag will suffer immensely upon using a bleach detergent.
Now put your Snorlax bean bag cover in the basket. Use a bathtub or washing machine instead if you can’t find a big basket. Then, wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
Finally, use clean water to rinse the cover. Let it air dry.
If your bean bag is filled with memory foam, you can also clean it by following simple methods.
How to Clean Fresh Pet or Toddlers Pee from Snorlax Bean Bag?
Follow these methods to remove fresh pet or toddler pee from a Snorlax bean bag:
- Remove the filling and cover as mentioned in the earlier methods.
- Flush the area with club soda or water right away.
- Soak the stain in a solution of 1/2 teaspoon liquid detergent, 1 quart warm water, and 1 tablespoon ammonia for 30 minutes.
- Then thoroughly rinse the bean bag cover with water.
- Soak up as much of the urine as you can using a few paper towels from the Snorlax bean bag.
- Remove the filling and cover as mentioned in the earlier methods.
- To create a cleaning solution, mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of dish detergent, and 2 cups of cold water.
- On a small affected area of your cover, test your cleanser. Don’t use this solution on your cover if the fabric starts to fade or turn a different color.
- Using a clean, white, and lint-free microfiber cloth dipped in your cleaning solution, start at the outside edge of the stain and work your way inside. Several times, go through this process till the stains are removed. Never rub a stain; doing so can cause it to spread. Always blot it.
- Blot the area with a moist cloth to remove the cleaning solution.
- Dry the wet area with a dry towel as much as you can. Before using the bean bag cover again, let it thoroughly air dry.
- Fill the filling in the cover and fluff the bean bag to use it.
How to Remove Old or Dried Pee Stains from Snorlax Bean Bag?
Cleaning pet or child pee that is old or dried out is a little more difficult than fresh ones. The success of the cleaning procedure depends on how old the stain is. In any case, using this cleaning process will help homeowners in removing urine stains from their favorite Snorlax bean bag.
You can combine the cleaning abilities of dish soap, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda to remove old stains. Baking soda is an odor absorber, and when coupled with hydrogen peroxide, it produces a fizzing cleaning solution that can help remove difficult stains while sanitizing the area. Fabrics marked “W” on the care tag perform best with this remedy.
- Remove the filler and cover from the bean bag as directed in the above methods.
- Create your own pee stain remover by filling a spray bottle with 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide, a few drops of dish soap, and 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Shake the cleaning solution until all of the baking soda has dissolved.
- Before treating the urine stain, test the spray on the affected area of the cover and let it dry.
- Spray the peroxide mixture thoroughly over the afflicted area and let it sit for at least an hour or more.
- Go back to the bean bag cover and examine it carefully. Spray your cleaning solution on the stain once more and let it sit for an additional hour if it is still there. If the stain is gone, dab the area to assist get rid of the peroxide and soap residues with a damp, lint-free cloth. Make sure you perform a thorough job because later, the dried detergent will collect dirt and filth.
- Use a dry cloth to blot the stain to get rid of extra moisture from the cover.
- Then fill the filling in the cover and fluff it.
How to Get Pee Smell Out of Snorlax Bean Bag Chair?
Before doing anything to remove smells, empty the bean bag and treat the cover only. If you don’t want to get into this trouble, you may just treat the bean bag as a whole. But there is risk involved in ruing the filling. This is why it is best to remove the filler from the bean bag.
Use delicate fabric fresheners like Nature’s Miracle or Woolite to keep your Snorlax bean bag smelling great. Pick a product made especially for bean bags, and then follow the directions on the label.
A DIY fabric refresher can be made by mixing water and a few drops of essential oil in a spray bottle. Allow the bean bag to air dry after lightly misting it, being careful not to overdo it.
DIY method to deal with foul odors is to use a mixture of water and rubbing alcohol. This mixture can be used to remove the pee smell from the bean bag.
- Spray this mixture on the affected area.
- Gently scrub the area.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Let the bean bag stay outside in the sun to dry.
When it comes to removing bad smells like pee smell, letting polyester fabric sit in the sun for a few hours does wonders. Put it outside to just let them chill there for a while because it helps remove odors.
Polyester is safe to be put under direct sunlight as it resists UV rays. Meaning the color will not fade and the fabric will not be damaged by sunlight. But different fillers may be affected by sunlight.
So, if you have filler like polystyrene beads, they are not affected by sunlight. Meaning you can safely put your bean bag under direct sunlight.
Alternatively, you can use baking soda to remove the urine smell from the Snorlax bean bag cover.
- Blot the damp area with a white towel or paper towel to speed up the deodorizing process. Blot the area until you’ve removed enough moisture to make it dry. Don’t rub it or scrub it, as the urine stain will only grow and get deeper.
- Remove pet hair, urine crystals, and other elements with a vacuum cleaner that could affect the texture. Vacuum in a way that allows you to completely cover your bean bag.
- The deodorizing substance that also does wonders for polyester fabric is baking soda. On the urine stain, generously yet thinly sprinkle baking soda. To spread evenly, use a soft bristle brush.
- Allow the baking soda to settle for a time. Do this when you are going to be out for a long time, such as right before bed or any other time during the day.
- After you’ve waited for enough time, use a vacuum to remove the baking soda from your bean bag cover.
Tips to Clean, Maintain, and Store Your Snorlax Bean Bag
- Proper drying is essential to prevent mold and mildew growth. After cleaning the Snorlax bean bag cover, ensure it is completely dry before putting it back on the bean bag. You can air dry it outdoors on a sunny day or use a fan to speed up the drying process. Avoid using direct heat sources like hairdryers or heaters, as they will damage the fabric.
- If you need to store your Snorlax bean bag for an extended period, it’s important to take proper precautions. Start by thoroughly cleaning and drying the bean bag. Then, store it in a clean, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. Consider using a big storage bag or covering to protect it from dust and dirt.
- Regular maintenance plays a crucial role in keeping your Snorlax bean bag in good condition. Cleaning the bean bag cover once a week is best as it can get dirty with dirt and dust. Also, immediately clean your bean bag if it gets dirty.
- Start by vacuuming the bean bag regularly to remove loose dirt and dust. Use a soft bristle brush attachment to reach all the corners and edges. This will help prevent dirt from settling deep into the fabric.
- Store your bean bag in a shady or open place so that it can be protected from dirt and dust.
Reasons to Clean Your Snorlax Bean Bag
There are various advantages to washing your favorite seating option at home:
- The first benefit is that it keeps it looking good and keeps it visually appealing.
- Second, routine cleaning removes dirt, dust, and allergies, making the environment cleaner and healthier.
- Last but not least, cleaning helps get rid of any bad odors that could accumulate over time.
You Might be Interested in Reading: How to Clean Big Joe Bean Bag Chair?
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Clean the Inside of a Bean Bag?
To clean the inside of a bean bag, you need to remove the fillings from it and clean it in a washing machine, if applicable. Or you can hand wash it.
Can Bean Bag Beans Be Washed?
No, do not wash the bean bag beans as it will ruin them. You should clean the bean bag without getting rid of the beans.
How Do You Clean Snorlax Plush?
You can hand wash, machine wash, or spot clean the Snorlax plush.
Easy Way to Clean Your Snorlax Bean Bag!
That was all about cleaning your Snorlax bean bag. With regular maintenance and proper cleaning techniques, you can keep your bean bag looking and smelling great for years to come.
Remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and test any cleaning solution on a small area before applying it to the entire bean bag. Enjoy the comfort and coziness of your Snorlax bean bag with the satisfaction of a clean and fresh seating experience at your home.