A bean bag chair is a fun and comfortable piece of furniture to add to a home. Homeowners have all the right reasons to pick them over any other seating option; they are awesome for hanging out with friends, are perfect for watching tv, gaming, or reading books. But there are so many brands that make it hard to choose the right one.
The two brands that are most popular in this category are Moon Pod and Cordaroy. Both offer awesome bean bags that are a nice addition to a living room or outdoor area. This comparison of Moon Pod vs Cordaroy bean bags will help you in picking the option that fulfills your needs.
- Overview of Moon Pod and Cordaroy Bean Bag Chair Brands
- Moon Pod
- Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Comparison of the Best Bean Bags
- Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Comfort
- Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Durability
- Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Design
- Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Style
- Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Price
- Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Size
- Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Weight
- Pros and Cons of Moon Pod Bean Bags
- Pros and Cons of Cordaroy Bean Bags
- Our Favourite Moon Pod
- Get This Moon Pod Bean Bag if You
- Our Favorite Cordaroy Bean Bag
- Get This Cordaroy Bean Bag if You
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- Moon Pod for Comfort, Cordaroy for Two-in-one Functionality
Overview of Moon Pod and Cordaroy Bean Bag Chair Brands
Before we dive into the differences between these two bean bags, let’s first take a closer look at each of them.
Moon Pod has recently made its entry into the bean bag chair market. These bean bags are unique, fashionable, and versatile chairs that have grown very popular in the past few years. High-density beads are used to fill their chairs that conform to your body, which offers exceptional comfort and support.
The outer covers of the bean bags are manufactured from a durable blend of nylon and spandex that is easy to take care of, removable, and machine washable
Cordaroy is a trusted name that has been in existence for more than 20 years and was founded back in 1998. Their flagship bean bag chairs are convertible into full-size beds.
Soft foam is used to fill their bean bag chairs, making them comfortable and supportive to sit in. Fur, soft velvet, microfiber, and other materials are used to make the outer covers of these bean bags.
Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Comparison of the Best Bean Bags
Now that we know some information about each of these bean bags, let’s compare them in more detail.
|Original: 12 lbs, Super: 24 lbs
|Customized, high friction micro-beads
|a stretchy blend of polyester and spandex
|Polyfoam blend, Chenille microfiber cover
|2 Sizes, The Original and Super
|3 Sizes, Full, Queen, and King
|Customized, high-friction micro-beads
|Full: 35 lbs, Queen: 45 lbs, King: 70 lbs
|Converts to Bed
|Interchangeable and machine washable
|Interchangeable and machine washable
|Full: $302, Queen: $349, King: $399
|Cover has a special blend of fabrics and is water-resistant
|Durable woven backing
Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Comfort
The Moon Pod is slightly more comfortable than the Cordaroy bean bag. If you’re looking for a comfortable bean bag chair out of these two brands, the Moon Pod bean bag is the way to go.
Excellent comfort is a feature of both Moon Pod and Cordaroy. They provide comfort in slightly different methods.
In Moon Pod, high-density beads have been filled that mold to your body to provide you with a weightless and supportive seated experience. On the other side, Cordaroy’s soft foam offers a luxurious and cozy sensation that is ideal for relaxing after a hectic day at work.
Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Durability
The Cordaroy bean bag is made with higher-quality materials than the Moon Pod. If you’re looking for a bean bag chair that will last, the Cordaroy bean bag is somewhat of a better option.
The outer cover of the Moon Pod is made from a very durable and stretchy blend of spandex, cotton, and polyester that is machine-washable and simple to maintain.
Cordaroy’s covers are also machine washable and are available in a range of materials like chenille, microfiber, soft velvet, and fur. Yet over time, the Cordaroy chair’s foam can compress, which might affect its overall durability a little bit.
Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Design
The design choice depends on your own preference. If you like an out-of-the-box style bean bag, go for Moon Pod. If you are looking for a traditional bean bag that works as a bed as well, the Cordaroy bean bag is the way to go.
The designs of Moon Pod and Cordaroy are different and cater to various preferences. Because of the Moon Pod bean bag’s distinctive size and shape, it can conform to your body to offer outstanding comfort and support. Moon Pod is mainly designed for individual use and relaxation.
The design of Cordaroy is more traditional and is available in a range of shapes and sizes. Their unique convertible bean bags can be turned into full-size beds. CordaRoy’s is designed for seating and sleeping and can accommodate a large number of individuals or groups of people.
Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Style
If you’re looking for a bean bag chair that will add style to your home, the Moon Pod is a better option. The Moon Pod is more stylish than the Cordaroy bean bag.
Moon Pod bean bag’s sleek, minimalist, and modern design will complement any home décor. The Cordaroy bean bag has a more traditional style which you might want to ditch to try something new like a Mood Pod.
Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Price
Cordaroy is somewhat more expensive than Moon Pod, but it offers unique features such as a convertible bed option that may make it worth the extra cost. Moon Pod, on the other hand, offers high-density beads for its fillings, which justifies its price point.
Price is always an important consideration when buying a bean bag. If you’re looking for a more traditional yet premium bean bag chair that can convert into a bed, the Cordaroy bean bag is a great option.
But if you’re on a budget and/or looking for a bean bag with an out-of-the-box shape, the Moon Pod is the way to go.
Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Size
The Moon Pod and the Cordaroy bean bag both are available in multiple sizes to fulfill your personal preferences and needs. The Moon Pod is available in regular and big sizes while the Cordaroy’s Bean Bag is available in king, queen, and full sizes.
Moon pod’s two sizes are as follows:
- Regular Moon Pod is approximately 50-56 inches long x 20-24 inches high x 20-24 inches wide
- Big-sized Super Moon Pod is approximately 50-56 inches in height x 40-48 inches wide x 40-48 inches deep.
As the user sits on them and they widen, the bean bags get shorter.
- Full-size Cordaroy’s bean bag is about 42″D x 42″W x 32″H
- Queen-size Cordaroy’s bean bag is 48″D x 48″W x 36″H
- King-size Cordaroy’s bean bag is 60″D x 60″W x 48″H
Cordaroy bean bag sizes are comparatively bigger than Moon Pod to accommodate more people.
Moon Pod vs Cordaroy: Weight
The Cordaroy’s bean bag is heavier than the Moon Pod due to many reasons such as fillings, size, etc. If you’re looking for a bean bag chair that’s easy to move around or to transport from one place to another, the Moon Pod bean Bag is a better option.
The weights of Cordaroy’s bean bags are as follows:
- Full-size Cordaroy’s bean bag weight is 34 pounds
- Queen-size Cordaroy’s bean bag weight is 42 pounds
- King-size Cordaroy’s bean bag weight is 55 pounds
The weight of Moon Pod bean bags is as follows:
- Regular Moon Pod bean bag weighs about 12 pounds
- Super Moon Pod bean bag weighs about 24 pounds
Pros and Cons of Moon Pod Bean Bags
Here are some of the good and bad things about Moon Pod bean bags:
- The ergonomic design is suitable for everyone
- Helps with circulation
- Unique beanbag-like design that reduces neck and back pain and conforms to your body
- Offers optional warranty plans for coverage of up to five years
- Machine washable covers that are interchangeable
- Lightweight making it easy to move around
- Uses some recycled materials
- Limited color options
- You have to pay high fees to return the bean bags
- You may not like its shape
Pros and Cons of Cordaroy Bean Bags
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of Cordaroy bean bags which are found when compared to other brands such as Lovesac, Cordaroy, Chill Sack, etc:
- Comes in various sizes to accommodate multiple persons
- Perfect for sleepovers
- Interchangeable, machine washable cover
- Lifetime warranty
- Can be used as a chair or converted into a bed
- Uses top-notch quality materials to provide maximum comfort
- Multiple color options
- Heavier and bulkier than Moon Pod
- Some users may find it difficult to get in and out of
- Not suitable for small spaces
Our Favourite Moon Pod
Our recommended Moon Pod bean bag is the Gray Zero Gravity bean bag.
Get This Moon Pod Bean Bag if You
- Want a comfortable seating option
- Want something that conforms to your body shape
- Need to experience a floaty feeling
- Want to recline
- Are in search of an option featuring machine washable cover
- Want to save money
- Have limited space
- Are only single user
Our Favorite Cordaroy Bean Bag
Our recommended Cordaroy bean bag is the CordaRoy’s Chenille bean bag chair.
Get This Cordaroy Bean Bag if You
- Want an option that converts into a mattress or bed
- Need the perfect option for guests staying the night
- Want a comfy sitting place
- Want a place to sleep on the go
- Are looking for an easy-to-use option
- Want something that uses materials designed to maximize comfort
- Need an option featuring a machine washable cover
You Might Be Interested in Reading: Yogibo vs Moon Pod – Battle of the Bean Bags
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
What is Comparable to Moon Pod?
Bean bag brands like Lovesac, Cordaroy, Ultimate Sack, and Jaxx are some of the options that are comparable to Moon Pod.
Is the Moon Pod Chair Worth it?
Yes, the Moon Pod chair is totally worth it, thanks to its high-quality filling, durable cover, and unique shape.
Which Brand is Best for Bean Bag?
Some of the best brands for bean bags are as follows:
What’s the Difference Between a Moon Pod and a Bean Bag Chair?
A Moon Pod is not different than a bean bag, in fact, it itself is a bean bag.
Moon Pod for Comfort, Cordaroy for Two-in-one Functionality
Moon Pod and Cordaroy are excellent choices for anyone looking for a comfortable and stylish bean bag chair. But the final decision depends on whether you want comfort with a unique design or versatility in the form of a chair that can be converted into a bed. We personally like the cordaroy bean bag more due to its two-in-one functionality.
If you prioritize comfort and support, then Moon Pod is the better choice for you. Its high-density beads conform to your body, providing fine support and comfort to your body.
If you want a versatile chair that can also function as a bed, then Cordaroy is the way to go. Its convertible design allows you to transform the chair into a full-size bed, providing additional sleeping space for guests or a cozy spot for a movie night.